Graduate quant researcher at imc
Who we are and what we do
IMC is a leading global market maker with offices in Europe, the US and Asia-Pacific. We use algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities across multiple trading venues. Our vital role, at the centre of the financial markets, provides liquidity for buyers and sellers worldwide.
In the late 1980s, IMC quickly identified the importance of technology in the fast-evolving trading environment. Our passion for innovation continues to drive us today. Although our company has grown rapidly over recent decades, we still approach our work with the same entrepreneurial spirit, with an emphasis on continuous improvement and innovation. We like our people to think for themselves and we give them the responsibility and support they need to make an impact. This means real work as well as dedicated training programmes and mentors.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun – whether solving complex challenges or taking part in teambuilding, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute to a better society through our foundation.
what's different about a trading career at imc?
IMC trades a wide range of financial instruments, in many different ways. This means we look for different types of traders; from the quantitative minds who enjoy the mathematical side of trading to more operationally focused personalities who thrive on interacting with brokers over the phone.
Our traders share one thing in common, though: they are at their best when solving complex problems. Their insights into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we always trade in the right place, at the right time
graduate quant trader
IMC is looking for talented and passionate Quant Traders to play a critical role in trading a wide range of financial instruments in a fast, dynamic environment. As a Quant Trader, you will be responsible for developing, maintaining and improving trading strategies and algorithms. You will be part of highly motivated team, facing the daily challenge of managing the execution and risk of complex trading portfolios. In this role you will be work closely with IMC’s technology developers and engineers and have the support of your very own mentor.
your first six months
You will participate in a six-week global traineeship program focused on enhancing your knowledge of trading, programming, and mathematics, during which you’ll link up with graduates from all three IMC regions. The training module consists of in-house courses and trading simulations developed and delivered by our experienced traders and engineers. You’ll then continue your training in your local office for two months before joining a desk that matches your specific background and strengths. Where you go from here is up to you – we’ll help you carve out your own niche as you use your creativity to explore new opportunities in our markets.
reasons why this is your future job
- You love solving complex problems
- You want a real-time connection to the world economy, and the knowledge to act on it
- You want your decisions to directly impact the company’s trading profits
- You value creativity, teamwork and innovation
- You want the freedom to find your niche and excel
what we look for
- Current university student graduating between September 2023 – July 2024 that is pursuing a degree in a quantitative field of study (e.g. Mathematics, Physics or Econometrics) – we have starts date in February and August 2024
- Interest in the Financial Markets; previous knowledge is NOT required
- Strong analytical skills and desire to solve complex problems
- Experience in a programming language is an advantage (e.g. Python, Matlab or R)
- A team player – at IMC we’re all in it together
- A proactive and self-driven attitude